Here is a quick breakdown:
- A decentralized wallet, you hold the keys to your cryptocurrency wallet.
- A user controlled wallet, only the user has control over their funds.
- Has access to DApps unlike centralized wallets.
- Does not keep any personal information.
- Main goal is Making Crypto More Accessible.
Download Trust Wallet only from official sources.
Here are the download links for both platforms:
App Store: https://apps.apple.com/app/trust-ethereum-wallet/id1288339409
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wallet.crypto.trustapp
- Trust Wallet acts as a bridge that connects to individual blockchains via their nodes. Every blockchain has their own set of public addresses. These addresses are where the Crypto are encrypted and stored.
- Trust Wallet does not hold or control any Crypto, it just gives the user access to it.
- Trust Wallet is free to download and does not earn anything when you use it. Fees are all paid to the miners or validators.
- Trust Wallet helps you manage your addresses, in order to send and receive Crypto. The app also provides the user the ability to do other Crypto transactions, like trading and staking.
Still confused? Watch this video:
Yes, we have Partner Providers that have integrated their services within the app to allow Trust Wallet users to Buy Cryptocurrencies with their credit cards. No personal information is collected by the app. Your contact details and card information is sent to the providers. The app automatically sends your Crypto addresses to the providers depending on the Crypto you are trying to buy.
The app cannot convert your Crypto to Fiat.
What you can do is send the Crypto to an Exchange that allows Fiat conversion.
Please do a Google Search to find the best way to convert your Crypto.
These are your assets, this is your sole responsibility. Please manage them carefully.
Learn more here: Cashing out your Crypto
Trust Wallet uses an industry standard to encrypt your wallet and secure the recovery phrase.
Learn more here: Am I in Control of My Private Keys?
And for better security, familiarize yourself with the 3 Steps to Protect your Crypto Wallet.